Thursday, November 25, 2010

HT 2010

Ah, Thanksgiving: a time-honored tradition of family gathering around a table, eating lots of turkey, and falling asleep earlier than usual on a holiday so that they can get to those crazy Black Friday sales.  I love this holiday, not because of the sales, but because of the family and friends.  


Things I'm thankful for today:

  • Being able to still sing at my church.
  • Having even just a few months of my regular salary so that I could raise the money needed for the awesome vacation I have planned for next year.
  • Bananaman has been found!  (Seriously, this made my day).
  • The craziness in Starbuck's today, which enabled me to somehow get a free pumpkin spiced latte.
  • My friends, especially Linda, whom has joined our family today for our turkey feast.
  • FINALLY, a new Rockapella CD!  We listened to it today on our drive to my parents' house, and were happily bopping in the car.
  • June's prolific and yummy pie-making abilities, saving me from spending about $35.00 at Marie Callendar's. 
  • My family: the aunt whom is leaving right now to hit the sales; the dad whom decorated the house in Christmas stuff so that his grandchildren could enjoy it; the mom whom cooked so much that we had wayyyy to much food, the brother whom makes me laugh on a regular basis; the sister-in-law whom I just plain adore for her ability to keep her husband and children happy and comfortable; the dogs whom can somehow deal with long trips and crazy households; the nephew whom just absolutely l-o-v-e-s his new state quarters collectors book; and the niece whom gives us all the great pleasure of watching her dance.  "Momma says I was a dancer before I could walk."  (Name that ABBA song.  Hint: it's my favorite).
  • Moments like this one:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment